Team Associated RC10B5 Build – Bag B Front Arms and Uprights
The bag B contains all the parts to build the front arms and the uprights.
My build notes:
- The left and right steering blocks are identified with the L and R letters. This is not indicated but the one shown in the manual is the left steering block.
- There are four 2mm/4mm and four 3mm trailing axle inserts in the kit. The numbers are indicated on the inserts but they are hard to distinguish. The stock setup recommends to use the 2/4 inserts. They are the ones with the more offset. The thicker side goes forward. Both side must have the same setting.
- Make sure the inserts and bearings are well pressed in the steering block and the crush tube is well aligned. The axles should spin freely into the steering blocks.
- The instructions manual didn’t mention the usage of thread locking product to keep the #31530 M3x5mm screw in place. I’m not sure it is required, if you use thread lock, only apply very little drop and don’t overtighten the screw.
- The kits contains two different caster block inserts, a 0* and a 5*. The 5* insert is the stock setup. The inserts are well identified and the 5* ones have a little extra mark on them.
- Don’t overtighten the two 12mm screws when assembling the steering block into the caster block. The steering block should move freely.
- Optional #4670 M3x8mm set screws can be used to better hold the caster block inserts and the hinge pins.
- Optional #31250 M2.5x6mm steering stop screw can be used limit steering throw.
- Pay a close attention when assembling the caster blocks to the front arms to not invert the front arms.
- Don’t overtighten the hinge pins retaining screws. When you feel they are harder to tight, stop to prevent plastic stripping.