The Serpent Cobra S811-Be is the next superbly designed offroad car in the Cobra family. The Serpent Cobra buggy was launched in middle of 2010, followed by the Serpent Cobra-T Truggy in may 2011. Now World Champion Billy Easton created another masterpiece, based on his longtime experience in top-level offroad racing.
The Serpent Cobra-Be follows the same design philosofy as the gaspowered Serpent buggy and shares many of the same components as well. The whole central section with battery-slots, esc and receiver holder, servomount and motormount, chassisplate, rear wing / wingmount and the bodyshell are the key new developments in the Cobra-Be.
Keeping the weight as low as possible, easy access to batteries, ESC and motor, and retaining a perfect balanced and fast car under all circumstances were the main goals to create a race-wining design. This Serpent / Easton design is not just about replacing gaspowered elements with electric power, but a dedicated design which uses the available space in an optimal way, fully aimed at electric power use and ready to cope with extreme power of todays brushless motors.
● The main eyecatchers are the extremely low laydown longtudinal placed battery-packs at each side of the car, being part of the side-guards, securely fastened with a flip-lid, for easy and fast battery changes. The weight low in the car and in the right position, well balanced. The Lipo holders comply with ROAR legal packs / dimensions.
● The motor is placed in the most optimal position in the car, keeping motor-forces and transmission parts / alignment in mind. Only one-screw is needed to secure the BL motor, in the nicely designed durable machined aluminium motormount. Space for additional motor-cooling available as needed.
● Sufficient space available even for the larger brands speed-controllers / vents in the moulded mount that also integrates the unique vertical positioned / upright steering-servo. The lightweight receiver is mounted in small integrated box on top.
● The new front and rear chassis stiffners have been designed to fit the new central section best.
● Easton also designed a new lower rear wing mount , and a lower type rear wing to match ( which can also be used on the Cobra-B and Cobra-T as well).
● The lower rear wing and wingmount suit the low design body-style very well too.
The Cobra-Be shares the same famous shocks, diffs, strong front and rear suspension, the unique angled steering / servo-saver system, ball-raced anti-roll bars, the tough carbon fibre shocktowers, the extremely durable spring-steel drive-train and wheelaxles.
Many of the optionals of the gaspowered Cobra-Buggy also fit the Cobra-Be, as will be clearly shown in the Serpent website lateron.
Serpent Cobra-Be, ⅛ scale 4wd electric powered buggy
Planned release in middle of july 2011. More details in the Serpent websites start of july.
For more information, visit www.serpent.com