The RC12R5.2 Factory Team Kit takes the next evolutionary step in Associated’s 35 years of 1:12 scale racing history. Applying what has been discovered while racing the RC12R5.1 and using the latest technologies, the RC12R5.2 was designed to further exploit every possible advantage where it counts most – on the race track.
The 12R5.2 keeps the concepts that already work very well. Arguably the best 1:12 front end design to date, the I.F.M.A.R. World Championship-winning Dynamic Strut front end features symmetrical components with adjustable caster and track width. The 12R5.2 further improves the already-proven front end by updating the lower control arms with more accurate mounting for a more precise build every time.
The 12R5.2 continues to use the wide three-point rear pod optimized for fitting brushless motors, but we have beefed up the rear blue aluminum bulkheads to maximize rigidity and durability. Tying the two bulkheads together is the new carbon fiber motor mount cross-brace to gain further rear end rigidity and durability.
The 12R5.2 is built on a ultra-rigid 2.5mm woven carbon fiber chassis that features a centralized LiPo battery mounting position fitting R.O.A.R.-approved 3.7V LiPo battery packs. Tying the rear end to the chassis is the pivot-ball link rear suspension, which allows for independent adjustments for chassis roll, bump, and alignment. New for the 12R5.2 are the refined aluminum side spring retainers that provide easier and more accurate suspension adjustments.
The 12R5.2’s center shock uses the through-shaft design, giving equalized damping throughout the full stroke of the shock in both directions without any unwanted rebound. Roll is now controlled with the new side damper tubes that offer freer rear pod movement and easier maintenance. The 12R5.2 puts this all together for a rear end that hooks up and stays hooked up throughout the imperfections of the track surface, all making for faster lap times.
If you are a serious 1:12 scale racer looking for world-class performance, or if you just want to rule the class at your local track, either way, the RC12R5.2 is the no-compromise chassis that will get you there!
- I.F.M.A.R. World Championship-winning Dynamic Strut front end features symmetrical components with adjustable caster and track width, and includes updated lower control arms for more precise mounting
- Updated motor mount and left rear bulkhead for increased durability
- Brushless motor optimized 3-point upper pod plate with graphite motor mount cross-brace
- Ultra-rigid 2.5mm thick chassis featuring centralized LiPo battery mounting position that fits R.O.A.R.-approved 3.7V LiPo battery packs
- Aluminum side spring retainers for easier and more accurate adjustments
- Innovative through-shaft center shock
- Side damper tubes for freer rear pod movement
- Pivot-Ball rear pod design with hard anodized aluminum pivot balls and updated rear pod links
For more information, visit www.teamassociated.com